Saturday, August 6, 2016

River's August Hike - preparations part 2

Hi Trail Gang,

This is just an experiment to see whether I can post a large photo from my iPhone using the blogtouch app. (I don't think so, but worth a try). 

 

Wow! I did it. Now we will see if I can upload larger photos given the weak coverage or slow wifi I usually have access to on the trail. 

This is another view of the mountains when hiking to Stevens Pass from the south. I expect this is similar to what I will be walking into next week. By the way, my first two nights will be meteor shower nights. I hope to cowboy camp and gaze into the wonder of the sky and see the cosmic fireworks. I met today a newly married couple (but not young - the man 70ish, the woman a good deal younger but old enough to have a grown child) who early in their courtship were lying side by side gazing into the night sky. At the very moment when they reached their arms out to let their fingertips touch (possibly their first touch outside the rubric of friendly hugs) a storm of meteors flashed across the sky. How's that for synchronicity?

See you on the trail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment