Thursday, August 25, 2016

Day 10, August 21, part 2

Continued from Day 10, August 21, part 1

This could be kind of boring. It's just more pictures trying to convey what pictures can't convey, along with more words trying to convey what words can't convey. (So let me take this opportunity to say again "thank you thank you thank you" for hanging in there and keeping me company on the trail via this imperfect blog and the wonderful world of spirit and imagination.)

When I reached the top of Cutthroat pass I said "wow" outloud (despite the urban-sized crowd of day-hikers milling around). I was one moment looking up at the more or less nondescript crest of a hill and the next moment all of this space and these great unruly-shaped mountains. (Photo 7)

 

Photos 8-12 are of a group of mountains with which I fell a little in love. They look to me like they are reaching up as high as they can and are trying to be sky. (A little like regular old me wanting to be the trail self who walks up and down mountains?). Photo 8 is a zoom from first time I saw them.  Photo 9 is a zoom from when I got closer. Photo 10 is a non-zoom, looking at them in the distance. Photo 11 is the wanna-be-sky mountains with an interesting piece of wood in the foreground. All of which is to say, I love these mountains. 

 

 
 

  
 

 

That's all folks.  See you on the trail tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment